Making finger plates is not difficult and requires basic metalworking knowledge and basic hand or power tools. The making procedure is as follows:
- Provide a metal sheet 1.2 to 1.6 mm thick
- Choose a finger plate pattern from this collection and scale it to the desired dimensions
- Cut a stock from the metal sheet slightly larger than the scaled pattern
- Transfer the pattern design to the metal stock
- Cut out the stock to the shape
- Trim up the edges with a file and nicely flatten
- Drill the holes for fixing and cut out the keyhole
- Apply the finish of your choice.
This is a short making procedure, and each item can be done in several ways. If you are an experienced craftsman, then you know very well how to do it all, and if you are a beginner, we advise you to study various books on metalworking. There are also many helpful tips and tricks on the Internet.
Our intention is just to give you a large selection of patterns with which you can make decorative finger plates. And here we have it - you are offered a collection that is quite large, with all the patterns precisely drawn, so we truly believe that most of you will be satisfied and inspired to roll up your sleeves!
The finger plates made according to these patterns are matched best with antique and rustic interiors dominated by wood and wrought iron, but since there is no accounting for tastes, it is entirely up to you to decide where to install your chosen finger plate. In any case, your door will be more beautiful and you will be proud that this is the result of your own handiwork!